Select Page
We submit together with Kinetic an offer for the acquisition of Go-Ahead

Yesterday, Monday 13th of June, we have informed the UK authorities and market that  Kinetic and Globalvia have formed a joint venture to submit an offer for the acquisition of 100% of Go-Ahead, a bus and train operator based in the UK and listed on the FTSE 250.

We are very pleased that the Board of Go-Ahead has unanimously agreed to recommend its shareholders to accept our offer as it implies a competitive price and a direct, simple and secure offer for shareholders.

If successful, Go-Ahead would be delisted and owned by the Kinetic and Globalvia consortium. The transaction gives us an excellent opportunity to diversify our portfolio by investing in a consolidated market with recurring income. In addition, it allows us to partner with Kinetic, the largest and fastest growing bus operator in Australia and New Zealand. They have proven experience in the bus sector,  where they are leaders in the transition towards fleet electrification.

Together we aim to create a leading multimodal mass transit operator, which in turn can bring future opportunities in bus and rail transportation. We trust that the Go-Ahead experience will provide new investment opportunities for Globalvia.

If our offer is successful, 51% of Go-Ahead would be owned by Kinetic, and the remaining 49%, by Globalvia. We both have significant experience in the long-term management of service concessions and we share OPTrust as a shareholder.

The step taken today demonstrates our ability to invest in transformative projects as well as the support and trust of our shareholders. Still weeks of hard work await us until we manage to close the operation.

Getting here has been possible thanks to the efforts of the entire team involved in the operation, so thank you all for getting us here.


Globalvia – Changing the world together!